This healthy, quick and easy, no cook breakfast, snack or dessert is perfect for supercharging your day. Made with nutrient rich chia seeds, this delicious parfait is packed with fiber, protein, calcium, and antioxidants. Chia seeds are a superfood, simply put, they are beneficial to your health and well-being.
The secret to this Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait? Dates. This Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait is sweetened only with dates, a natural fruit. There is no need to add any other sugar to the unsweetened coconut milk and cocoa powder. I like to layer my pudding with whipped coconut cream, made with 2 ingredients, coconut cream and maple syrup.
Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait is creamy, chocolatey, indulgent, yet so nutritious and it’s vegan. Top it with whipped coconut cream, berries, nuts, shaved chocolate or unsweetened coconut chips.
You will want to make this Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait time and again!
Chocolate Chia Pudding Parfait
- 1 can unsweetened coconut milk, preferably full fat
- 3-5 Medjool dates, pitted
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder or cacao
- 3 tbs chia seeds
- 1 vanilla bean, split and seeds scraped, or ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
Coconut Cream Topping
- 1 can unsweetened coconut cream, or 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
- 2-3 tbs pure maple syrup
- In a blender, pulse until smooth the coconut milk, dates, cocoa or cacao powder, 1 tablespoon of the chia seeds, vanilla seeds or extract and salt
- Stir in remaining 2 tbs chia seeds. Let stand for 10 minutes. This allows the chia seeds to bloom.
- Pour pudding into 6 glasses. If making a parfait with a cream layer in the center, reserve some chia pudding to place on top of the cream. Option to top with shaved chocolate, berries, coconut flakes, nuts and coconut cream.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to enjoy. Chia pudding will stay for 5 days in the refrigerator.
Coconut Cream Topping
- If possible, chill the can of coconut cream overnight.
- If using coconut milk, scoop out thickened cream from the top. Set liquid aside for another use*.
- Using a hand or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, beat the cream on medium/high for 30 seconds to 1 minute, or until light and fluffy. Be careful not to over mix.
- Add maple syrup and mix again, just until blended.
- Serve on top of the chia pudding or layer to make a parfait.
- Keep any unused coconut cream covered and refrigerated.
*The liquid in the coconut milk is great in smoothies, used in place of water when cooking rice or other grains, or stirred into oatmeal.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!