This nutty grain free granola bar recipe is incredibly tasty and packed with nutrients. It is perfect for breakfast, sprinkled on top of oatmeal or yogurt, used as a cereal, or just eaten as a crunchy granola bar. This bar can be made vegan, is gluten free, grain free, paleo, healthy, natural, made without preservatives, and easy to make!
Never made homemade granola bars? You should start with this recipe. This homemade granola bar is a lot healthier than store bought and it’s simple to prepare. All you need to do is mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl and then spread it on a lined baking sheet, pop in a preheated oven and bake until the edges are golden brown!
This recipe includes sliced almonds, pecans and sunflower seeds, but use whatever nuts you have on hand or like. The nuts are best if they are raw and chopped or thinly sliced.
Add pieces of your favorite dried fruit or even mini chocolate chips to sweeten the taste. Use dairy free chips for a vegan granola bar.
If you add the chopped dried fruit, press it into the bars during the last 4-5 minutes of baking so they don’t burn and get too chewy and hard.
Almond Flour Granola Bar
- ½ cup nut butter (such as peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, Sunbutter)
- ¼ cup honey or pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup slice almonds
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup raw sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- ¼ cup chopped unsweetened coconut
- 1-2 tbs coconut oil
- ¼ cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- ¼ cup chopped dried fruit such as Craisins, raisins, apricots, dates, cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line with parchment paper and lightly grease an 8"x8" square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the nut butter, honey and salt. Stir until smooth and completely combined. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the almond flour, nuts, flaxseed meal and coconut, and chocolate chips if using. Pour the nut butter mixture into the almond flour mixture and stir until combined. Add the coconut oil, 1 tablespoon at a time until mixture sticks together and resembles a coarse paste.
- Press mixture evenly into the prepared pan and bake in the center of oven for 18-20 minutes until golden brown around the edges. Note: If adding chopped dried fruit, at 14 minutes, remove from oven and sprinkle evenly on top and press down lightly with a flat spatula or bottom of a measuring cup. Place back in oven for 4-6 more minutes until golden around edges.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
- Can be eaten as a bar or crumbled as granola.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!